How do I begin?
- Non-Pathology Department researchers & clinicians, please inquire first by email to email@example.com.
- For first-time users of the service, we suggest reviewing the decision flowchart (click thumbnail for larger pdf) to help guide which software or web-based interface is best suited to your purposes.
- Pathology faculty & staff: please first review the instructions for submitting slides, followed by filling out the online slide submission form & obtaining printout.
- Researchers: make sure slides are clean and free of air bubbles trapped beneath the coverslip. Slides must be granted proper conditions for the mounting medium to completely cure: at least 10-18 hours in a well-ventilated space (not inside a small, sealed slide box). Slides suspected of incomplete curing will be held or returned. Avoid excess mounting medium and align the coverslip carefully.
- Bring slides and the printout to NCRC Building 35, G432, area "G". This is located within the Anatomic Pathology cutting area. See photograph. Slides may be picked up from this location following notification.
- For slides that originate at the main medical campus:
- Bring this form and your slides to the location designated in the Transport of slides to/from NCRC link.
- Slides will be packaged for courier shipment to NCRC. When the slide scan order is finished, slides will be returned to UH via courier. Please allow 3-4 hours after receiving email notification before checking the designated pickup area in UH for your slides.
Click here to submit slides for scanning.